Welcome to the Trouble Brewing Wiki
A young woman with no direction in life is swept into a wild game of choosing the next ruler of the mythical realm.
Trouble Brewing is a Visual Novel created with Tyranobuilder and Live2D. The story contains some violence, suggestive content and harsh language. It deals with mature themes such as polygamy, divorce, sexuality, and taxes. It has not yet been released.
- 5/29/18 - Sketching out character references, wrote some of Katsuro's and Goro's route. I'm just going to jump between all four of them at this point, depending on my mood. ...okay...I really, REALLY like writing Goro as a character. His chaotic neutral ways appeal to me.
- 5/22/18 - Finished writing the first chapter for Jiro and Kichiro route. Looking into ways to make backgrounds and learning some photo manipulation tricks.
- 5/4/18 - I seriously didn't update this in a month!? UGH...terrible. Anyway, to bring you up to speed. Got some edits on a chapter. Made progress with both Kichiro and Jiro's routes. Sketched up some new profile images that I'll flesh out digitally and post here eventually.
- 4/1/18 - No joke. Made some progress on sprites for the guys. Sketched out all costumes, adjusted poses and line weight. Wrote some stuff for both Jiro and Kichiro.
- 3/21/18 - Reformatted the first couple chapters since they still had the code in there and sent them off for proofread/review. Wrote the openings for all the brothers routes. Focusing on Kichiro and Jiro at this time. Working on some extra art for the guys. Commissioned a couple pics that I will show here eventually. :) Staring at my sprites and finding how to improve them. Taking a course on producing voice overs for animations...which will work for this game too. I'm considering at least partial voice over. Not all text will be read but catch phrases, laughs, and sound effects might. Perhaps some romance lines. >_> Ugh...maybe not...I hate writing mush and listening to it.
- 2/24/18 - YUUTO'S ROUTE DONE! Well...drafted. I'll edit it and then get it reviewed. Also have to glean the graphics I'll need for the route during the edit. I think there'll be a lot. Just in time for vacation!
- 2/19/18 - Made it to the last chapter for Yuuto's route! Just have to write the final chapter and endings. Then we move on to Kichiro. Although, I may just write the intro to everyone's route. Just to test the flavors. Also, being sorely tempted to get VN Maker and use that instead of Tyrannobuilder. It has Live2D capabilities AND a way to have conditional choices, which can seriously help clean up parts of the game and make it MUCH cleaner. But right now it's not in the budget. :(
- 2/13/18 - Just finishing up chapter 9 for Yuuto's route. Only 2 more for him. Started the preamble for Kichiro's route.
- 1/16/18 - Sketched out some costumes for Yuuto, made a sketch of one of his CGs, finished writing chapter 7 of Yuuto's route. I think there's about 11 Chapters for him, plus a bonus side-chapter. I see the light at the end of the tunnel! I can start on a new route soon!
- 12/31/17 - Designed all costumes for Goro, updated his default outfit. Finished writing Chapter 6 of Yuuto's route. Found the shading style I'll be using.
- 12/19/17 - Made some character study doodles and designing costumes for the main five. Made some slight updates to the guy sprites. Jiro now has a white tail. Due for costume redesign: Goro, Rose, Aki, Jiro. Also starting to design the other outfits they will have in the game. Adding graphical needs to cast pages.
- 11/26/17 - Finished the first draft of all minor character sprites. Experimented with human versions of the guys. Researching coloring styles and costume design. Made some tweaks on established characters.
- 11/25/17 - Make some more first draft sprites for minor characters: Miki, Phil, Diane, Maria-Louise, and Kimiko. Also fixed Lucky's uniform and leg poses that were bothering me. Past month I've been making steady progress on Yuuto's route and editing the Intro parts.
- 10/21/17 - More writing done on Yuuto's route. I've been taking a short break to sew a costume and draw a page of my webcomic. (Which has been un-updated for nearly 2 years. :( Adulting/Depression. Which is also why this goes so slowly.
- 9/23/17 - Got some more writing done for Yuuto's route. Exported all text into Google docs so I can focus on writing instead of coding and writing.
- 8/28/17 - The builder I've been using has updated. So playing around with the new updates. They did some cool stuff that I'm happy with that'll make moving forward much easier. Particularly that I can work on multiple scenes in tabs. Going back to other scenes was a pain and I need to do it a lot to remember what the heck I wrote or what variable I used. Haven't made much progress this month.
- 8/7/17 - Updated some character profiles with the final sprite design. Also finished the draft for the default sprites for 3 characters: Aki, Michiko, and Lucky. Finished the first draft of the Common Route and started writing Yuuto's route.
- 7/24/17 - I'll be finishing up the first draft of the Common Route hopefully by the end of this week. It'll be the first route I've written besides the intro/prologue which is long AF. Also over the weekend finished the first pass of 3 minor character sprites: Osamu, Lucky and Michiko. Also made some edits on Rose's sprite.